The Man Booker Prize Longlist - Not Just Another Awards Ceremony

Source: www.unshredded.net http://tinyurl.com/qadptvr
156 books, 13 of those on the longlist, 6 on the shortlist and 1 winner.

The Man Booker Prize long list has finally been announced - for me it’s the book equivalent of a new Star Wars release - well I'm not Attack of the Clones excited but I always look forward to the list being released every year as it's always been consistently strong - maybe even Return Of The Jedi strong.

Source: www.themanbookerprize.com http://tinyurl.com/qg5t73b


This coveted list is always a highlight in the calendar for avid readers and the winners of such award tend to do well even years after their winning, take Eleanor Catton's The Luminaries for example - a book I'm currently reading even though it won back in 2013. However, as much as I appreciate a good recommendation of a book to add to my ever growing reading list, I'm finding myself really struggling through The Luminaries (more on that in my July reading highlights) so am eagerly awaiting this year's winner by scanning through the longlist as soon as it was released.

Having looked through the list whilst adding some to my Goodreads profile, it looks once again incredibly diverse and showcases much literature from across the globe - always a good thing. I've highlighted three from the list and I'm pretty sure one of those three is going to win for sure - if it's possible to place bets on such thing I would actually do it then spend the winnings on even more books than the ones I already own!

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk http://tinyurl.com/pt5rnd7
My chosen books are as follows:

Satin Island by Tom McCarthy, Sleeping On Jupiter by Anuradha Roy and A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihar.

This year's shortlist will be announced on 15th September and the winner on 13th October, so there well may be a follow-up mid October all about the new books I got with the winnings *ahem*.

The full released list can be found here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment